this weekend was horrific. we learned the hard way that little Leo was severely allergic to peanuts. it happened last saturday morning. it was a cool, sunny, lazy morning. we were having fun, daddy was chasing around his little chubby boy, everything was relaxed. then, John ate peanut butter on toast and this is when it all started. Leo was in total breathing distress, and big red plaques were covering is little body. no need to say that i knew immediately that it was BAD, and so i called 911. within minutes the paramedics were at our house, and we were rushed to the nearest hospital. it all happened so fast, we didn't even had time to panic, we were focused like never before. our son was in tragic state, something had to be done immediately. we were taken in charge really quickly and efficiently, and it made the whole thing a lot better knowing that Leo was receiving all the attention and meds he deserved.
in the ambulance with paramedic Melody; at the emergency ward, all knocked out;
awake with daddy; resting with his new buddy, a gift from Melody. We named him... Peanut ;)
after 5 hours at the emergency ward, we were back home with a whole new set of eating rules. peanuts, get the fuck outta my house! we threw away a lot of stuff, peanuts are in EVERYthing, it's nuts (haha)! but the good news is that a lot of peanut-free food is available these days, and alternatives are easy to find at your regular supermarket. always read the labels tho! we now have to be extra careful at all times, and we hope friends and family will join us in this new reality.
we need everybody's collaboration, it's a matter of life!